Film Review: La Fiesta Del Chivo

La Fiesta Del Chivo (Luis Llosa, 2005)
In Spanish, with English subtitles

If I didn't read the novel The Feast of the Goat, which is the English translation of La Fiesta Del Chivo, by Nobel Laureate Mario Vargas Llosa, before I saw the film, I wouldn't have noticed that there were things in the novel that had been left out in the film adaptation. And the film would have been great in my opinion. But I really did read the book and liked it very much so that, in my opinion, the story in the book would be given justice only if the film would be stretched in a way similar to mini-series. In the book were three different story lines. In the film however, there just seemed to be one story line, which was not bad. However, it made the movie in the league of some forgettable movies of similar story lines.

Rating: 2.5/4.0

Comments

Popular Posts