Film Review: Intouchables

Intouchables (Olivier Nakache, 2012)
In French, with English subtitles

The film is said to have been based on a true story; otherwise would have diluted it's impact because there had been similar films made before. I saw some. It's a good thing this film is presented as comedy. And I don't agree that it's irresponsible and insensitive to make a comedy film out of the bond between an ex-convict and a wealthy paraplegic. The script is so witty and, from it, a really funny, sometimes hilarious, but uplifting film has been made. There are scenes that are not consciously planted to desperately make people laugh, but you'll laugh at it anyway. Even on mundane things (they do) that would otherwise go unnoticed. This is the best comedy I've seen in years. I will watch it again one of these days, just to make myself laugh.

Rating: 4.0/4.0

Comments

Popular Posts