Yasunari Kawabata: THE MASTER OF GO

I read the version the author (Yasunari Kawabata) preferred. Just his other novels, at least those that I've read, so far, The Master of Go is a minimalist treat. Despite this, however, it doesn't lose its brilliance. I felt for how the wonderfully written minimalist details of how the match (between the master of go and his young challenger), which lasted for several months, had affected the people around them - friends, family, on-lookers, and the person who covered the event for a newspaper. But, no matter how hard I tried to understand to understand the rules of Go, I still couldn't completely figure out how one could defeat his opponent. I only I could, I would have rate this book higher. I guess I will read this again in the future, when I already know the rule of the game.

Rating: 3.0/5.0

Comments

Popular Posts