Movie No. 55 (2013): ADORATION

Adoration (2008)
Director: Atom Egoyan
Cast: Rachel Blanchard, Devon Bostick, Scott Speedman, Arsinee Khanjian

Synopsis, from IMDB: For his French-class assignment, a high school student weaves his family history in a news story involving terrorism, and goes on to invite an internet audience in on the resulting controversy.

I find the film's story complex, which is interesting at the start, but the dramatization is unsure despite clear characterization. The mixing of the subtle mystery and drama is a minor achievement for this film. So, I'm not sure if I like the film. I can't prevent myself from comparing this film to Atom Egoyan's previous films (Exotica, The Sweet Hereafter), which are both brilliant.

Date seen: March 3, 2013

Rating: 2.5/4.0

Comments

Popular Posts