Movie No. 74 (2013): SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE

Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
Director: Danny Boyle
Cast: Dev Patel, Freida Pinto, Anil Kapoor, Irfhan Khan

I saw it first in 2009. Two years ago I decided to see it once a year. This is my third, so far. Call it guilty pleasure. This is one of the most feel-good films I've seen. In some way it's uplifting despite some scenes that are not easy to the eyes.

I think I don't need to mention what the film is about. A lot of people, I'm sure, have seen this. Slumdog Millionaire won Best Picture in 2009 (for films exhibited in 2008) and, while it may not be the best of that batch, it will certainly be among the most memorable films of all time. Dev Patel is adorable and convincing as the titular character. 

Rating: 4.0/4.0

Date seen: March 31, 2013

Comments

Popular Posts