Movie No. 83/84 (2013): HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS Part 1/2

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1/2 (2010/2011)
Director: David Yates
Cast: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Ralph Fiennes, Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Maggie Smith

I saw the first part two years ago. It was only yesterday that I had the chance to see the second part. However, I opted to see the first part (again) before I saw the second part. Doing this gave me a more satisfying viewing experience. It was like watching just one 4-hour movie. Now, I can declare that the 2-part finale of this widely-loved saga is a blast. If I had to rate the two installments separately, I would have given the first part a lower rating because, as it was, it couldn't stand alone as a movie. Its ending obviously suggested that it's not yet over (of course, everyone knew it).

Yes, what I'm saying is that the two-part finale is a good conclusion for the series. But, in my opinion, these are not the best movies in the series, Of course fans of the books in the series would be disappointed (again), expecting every detail in the book to be translated into the screen. In my case, the movies were all good entertainment. It's a good thing I didn't read any of the books. At least I'm saved from complaining.

I have to praise the execution of the final showdown of 'good' and 'evil' - really electrifying! The invasion of the Hogwarts and subsequent war are reminiscent of The Return of the King. Ralph Fiennes, as the evil villain, is so good; so is Helena Bonham Carter.

Rating: 3.5/4.0 (for the two-part finale); 4.0/4.0 (for the series as a whole)

Date seen: April 10, 2013

Comments

Popular Posts