Movie No. 44 (2014): CAPTAIN AMERICA, THE FIRST AVENGER

Captain America, The First Avenger (2011)
Director: Joe Johnston
Cast: Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving

The movie presents the beginnings of Steve Rogers. It focuses on his voluntary participation in a military experiment that makes him Captain America, a super soldier that will be pitted against Red Skull, the villain who's the leader of the "terrorist" organization Hydra.

I never read any of the comic books featuring Captain America. I never saw any of the previous films about Captain America. This can be the reason I like the movie. At least, I'm not bound to compare this movie to any previous adaptations. At least, I don't spend time comparing the this present adaptation with the graphic novel. At least, I enjoy it. While most recent action movies are merely a showcase of mostly stupid special effects, the movie Captain America has a conscious effort to look like a real movie with a sensible script.

Rating: 3.0/4.0

Date seen: April 27, 2014

Comments

Popular Posts