Movie No. 27 (2015): AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Director: Joss Whedon
Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans. Chris Hemsworth, Paul Bettany

The plot is simple. The Avengers (will) save the planet from Ultron's destructive hands. This simple plot is seen as great opportunity to showcase special effects and fantastic action sequences because there's nothing to explore with that simple plot. In this aspect, the film triumphs. But honestly, it's in the nitty-gritty details that, in my opinion, the movie fails. Die-hard fans of this franchise are either so forgiving or just oblivious because all they're concerned about is to be entertained by sequences they already have ideas about. I'm not a fan. So, when I saw the movie I looked at the movie as a movie like nothing I knew about when I entered the theater. And I saw a lot of inconsistencies and editing loopholes. The script lulled me to sleep at some instances because sequences became so uninteresting. While destruction left and right were shown, I didn't see a single death, except of course that which became of one of the avengers. And it's annoying that one or two scenes showcased how one Avenger tried to save just one man from falling. Can those people breath well in the clouds? Well, I'm not sure if in the comic book certain laws of physics were defied. 

Well, honestly, I almost walked out and wished I should have stayed at home and slept.

Rating: 1.0/4.0

Date seen: April 25, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts