Movie No. 30 (2015): D2: THE MIGHTY DUCKS

D2: The Mighty Ducks (1994)
Director: Sam Weisman
Cast: Emilio Estevez, Joshua Jackson

What's it all about? Teamwork and sportsmanship. This Disney-produced movie might have appealed to young audience when it was released in 1994, but this generation of young audience might find it too contrived and cliched or corny. D2 is a sequel. I saw the first in 1992 or 1993. I remembered enjoying it, but not really liking it. I was not so eager to see this sequel when it was released. But two weeks ago, I saw this movie playing on local TV. I paid attention while cleaning my room. This movie is the kind that doesn't need your complete attention. But I endured it until end credits scrolled up. What happened was predictable. In fact, the conflict is so used up.

Teamwork and sportsmanship. Okay, I get it. But the ideas thrown into crafting the movie were everything but fresh.

Rating: 1.0/4.0

Date seen: May 24, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts