Movie No. 51 (2015): PAY THE GHOST

Pay The Ghost (2015)
Directors: Uli Edel
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Sarah Wayne Callies

Halloween. Mike, a Literature professor, just gets the news of his tenure in the unnamed university in New York. He races back home to share the news to his wife and to celebrate the festivities with his son, Charlie, who's dressed as a pirate. But, in the Halloween carnival Charlie disappears, almost without a trace hadn't he left behind the pirate's hat.

But that hat serves no purpose in the narrative.

I have to congratulate myself for having endured the entire running time of the movie. Pay The Ghost is supposed to be a horror movie. But, I didn't feel the requisite scare common to horror movies. Instead, I felt like seeing a boring episode of a television crime series. In fact, even the worst episodes of Without A Trace or CSI or Law & Order are better than this movie. Everything I saw in the movie I already saw in other movies in the genre. Other B movies of the genre are much better. I guess, the problem of Pay The Ghost is the script. Or, the thesis itself. 

Rating: 1.0/4.0

Date seen: September 27, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts