Movie No. 2 (2016): MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Mad Max: Fury Road
Director: George Miller
Cast: Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron

I'm not going to start with what the story (this time) is about. I can't contain my excitement to list down some of the reasons why I like the movie so much. 

The movie, in one word, is spectacular. And when I say spectacular, I'm not just referring to the stunning cinematography, practical special effects, well-choreographed action and chase scenes, and near-perfect editing. It's also a celebration of sound and score. But to top it all, it's very rare that in an action movie you see a fluid narrative, a dramatic interlude that's not contrived, an intelligent script, and most importantly, competent characterization and performances. The only regret I have for this movie is that I missed the chance to see on big screen, let alone IMAX.

There's one subplot that reminds me of The Trip To Bountiful. The moment that scene popped in my head, I was in complete awe. 

This movie is indeed a celebration of sight and sound.

Rating: 4.0/4.0

Date seen: January 2, 2016

Comments

Popular Posts