Movie No. 41 (2016): EVERYDAY I LOVE YOU

Everyday I Love You (2015)
Director: Mae Cruz Alviar
Director: Enrique Gil, Liza Soberano, Gerald Anderson, Aiko Melendez, Liza Lorena, Carmina Villarroel, Ariel Rivera

Sunday afternoons are my chance to see on TV (mostly) blockbuster local films that I never had a chance to see on the big screen. Whenever I'm home and have nothing to do, I tune in to ABS CBN. Last Sunday (July 17), Everyday I Love You was featured. So, I took some (imaginary) popcorn and prepared to (just) enjoy.

The film was glossy, which is expected for any romance movies made for die-hard fans. Was I entertained? Maybe. Maybe not. Although I didn't have much expectations for this kind of movie whose ulterior objective was to rake in money at the box office, I couldn't control my fastidious biases and concerns about the things that make the movie a complete experience. Despite some well-composed shots, there is nothing more that the movie can offer. Watching this movie, I was reminded of "While You Were Sleeping," a movie I saw more than two decades ago. I don't remember the details of that movie, but I remember liking it during the only time I saw it. "Everyday I Love You," however, is forgettable. The parade of contrivances are irritating. The performances of the lead characters are amateurish, or worse than that.

Rating: 0.5/4.0

Date seen: July 17, 2016

Comments

Popular Posts