Movie No. 80 (2016): TRAIN TO BUSAN

Train To Busan (2016)
Director: Sang-ho Yeon
Cast: Yoo Gong, Yumi Jung, Dong-seok Ma
In Korean, with English subtitles

A lot of movie fans and enthusiasts went gaga over the Train To Busan. It was immensely popular. people were exchanging anecdotes on how they screamed and how they were thrilled inside the theater.

Now it's my turn.

Is the movie the best of the genre?

No. But, it's definitely one of the best films of the genre that I've seen. Yes, I have my share of gasping for air and screaming. The thrill is non-stop. And it ends differently, much different from the formulaic Hollywood ending. I have to be reminded that this is a Korean film. It has been executed and it ended the Korean way. which I like. The script is not flawless, but the editing is something to note.

Rating: 4.0/4.0

Date seen: November 20, 2016


Comments

Popular Posts