Movie No. 81 (2016): HITCHCOCK

Hitchcock (2012)
Director: Sacha Gervasi
Cast: Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren

The movie exhibits that phase of Alfred Hitchcock's life when he was filming one of his masterpieces, Psycho. It includes in the script the side stories involving his wife and his actors. 

Let me mention the best and not so good parts of the movie. The make-up has really transformed Anthony Hopkins into Hitchcock. But. I'm not totally in awe when Anthony Hopkins tries to ape Hitchcock. In some scenes, I can see Hitchcock in him. In most scenes, however, Anthony Hopkins desperately struggle to sound like Hitchcock. Helen Mirren is good although I know nothing about the character she's portraying. 

Is the movie bad? No. But, I can't decide if it's worth my time. 

I saw the movie on plane, en route to Malaysia. 

Rating: 3.0/4.0

Date seen: November 30, 2016

Comments

Popular Posts