Movie No. 83 (2016): HOME ALONE 2: LOST IN NEW YORK

Home Alone 2 : Lost In New York (1992)
Director: Chris Columbus
Cast: Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern, Catherine O'Hara, John Heard
Dubbed in Tagalog

I saw Home Alone more than 20 years ago. I remember liking and being truly entertained by it. Macaulay Culkin was an immensely popular Hollywood child actor. Everyone who saw his Home Alone movies would know why. 

I never got a chance to see the next two sequels of the Home Alone until a few days ago, more than twenty years later. Christmas eve, having nothing to do, I turned on the television. Home Alone 2 was just starting. I decided to see it in full despite that it's dubbed in Tagalog. I don't usually see films dubbed in Tagalog or English. I have mastered reading subtitles. If it's in non-English language it should have English subtitles. If it's in English language, there's no need for subtitles; there's no need for dubbing it in Tagalog. It's just me. I'm not imposing my preference to anyone.

For me it was awkward to see white people on screen speaking perfect Tagalog. But I still managed to see the movie in full. Was I entertained? Yes, but slightly, despite that I knew how it would end. But the misadventures involving the lead character leading to the movie's conclusion were, for me, too formulaic, lackadaisical. Had I seen it twenty years ago, my reaction would be different. I guess I'm old for this kind of film.

Rating: 2.0/4.0

Date seen: December 24, 2016

Comments

Popular Posts