Movie No. 73 (2017): VINCE & KATH & JAMES

Vince & Kath & James (2016)
Director: Theodore Boborol
Cast: Joshua Garcia, Julia Barretto, Ronnie Alonte
In Tagalog and English


Judging from its trailer, I'd been wanting to see the film. This was an entry in 2016 Metro Manila Film Festival. It certainly deserved its inclusion in the festival.

I had the chance when I spotted the film as one of the Tagalog movies in the on-board selection of PAL entertainment, on my flight to Heathrow in October. It was a long flight; this movie helped shorten it by 1 and 1/2 hours. The movie was really a good entertainment. The script, while far from great, is decent. What I admire about the film are the performances of the lead actors. 

At least, this movie is significantly different and better than most silly romcom movies that rake millions at local box office.

Rating: 3.0/4.0

Date seen: October 10, 2017


Comments

Popular Posts